Monday, February 15, 2010

Southern Oven "Fried" Chicken



1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk*
1/2 cup cornflakes, crushed
3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 pounds chicken parts, skinned
4 tsp canola oil

Preheat oven to 400*F; spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

Pour buttermilk into a large shallow bowl. On a sheet of wax paper, combine the cornflake crumbs, flour, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken in the buttermilk, then dredge in the cornflake mixture, coating completely. Place chicken on the baking sheet; drizzle with the oil.
Bake 30 minutes and then turn the chicken over and cook for another 15-20 minutes.

*Buttermilk substitute: Combine 1/2 cup Fat free milk with 1 tsp vinegar. Let it sit for 5 minutes

Per serving 229 Cal, 10g Fat
POINTS: 5

My tweaks:
I always double the Cornflake mixture-it doesn't seem to coat the chicken enough
I use Chicken Breasts
I use EVOO instead of Canola Oil

3 comments:

Jossie said...

I LOVE this recipe (from the WW cookbook right?)!!! We have it often.

Sarah said...

This sounds good, except when you say use 2 pounds chicken parts. It has brought up all sorts of nasty visions in my mind.

Amy said...

I too love this recipe. I use chicken tenders, and I also double the corn flake mixture. Mmm SOO good.